Vintage Sportster (1957-1985)
Vintage Sportster Racer Requirements
Riders must be 18 years or older and have participated in at least 3 vintage circuit races prior to this event registration. Please provide the name, location and date of the last 3 races you participated in.
All Vintage Racers Must Wear:
o Period correct (1957-1969) riding gear including:
§ Jersey – preferably black (no bright colors)
§ Eye Protection
o Submit a picture of yourself in your riding gear to be considered for the race.
Vintage Sportster Motorcycle Requirements
- 1985 and older Iron Heads.
- Period appropriate Carburetors. Absolutely NO LATE MODEL CARBURETORS… No Mikuni, S&S, etc.
- Harley-Davidson– OEM Swingarm or bolt on hardtail.
- Period Forks.
- No Lights
- Period timers, distributors and magnetos. Exception on magnetos: Older Sportster type, Morris or Joe Hunt type magnetos are OK with approval. None of those modern looking magnetos.
- Period transmission. No blatantly late model or aftermarket transmissions.
- No front brake
- Period Rear brake – No disk brakes, or modern hydraulic drum brakes
- Period wheel and hubs – No late model hubs, No Aluminum Wheels
- Period Tires with Period Tread – Aggressive OK (i.e. Grasshopper, Firestone ANS, etc.) Absolutely NO MOTOCROSS KNOBBIES, paddle style, or modern tread tires permitted
- Period style paint that emulates the time period. No late model tank graphics, emblems, etc. Bikes can be shiny or crusty as long as they are Period Correct. No blatant “Rat Rod” style paint jobs please.
Number Plats or Painted Numbers
- Period Number Plates with racing number clearly visible on both sides of the bike and front fork (if possible). Period style number plates, No yellow plastic Motocross plates with zip ties.