Open Hooligan Class
Open Hooligan Racer Requirements Open Hooligan
Riders must be 18 years or older and have participated in at least 1 Hooligan Race prior to this event but not more than 5 Hooligan Races. Please provide the name, location and date of the last Hooligan race you participated in. Sorry no pros allowed.
All Racers must Wear:
o Full Face DOT Certified Helmet – Shatter resistant face shields or goggles must be worn
o Boots at least 8 inches high
o Jersey – preferably black (no bright colors)
o Full finger gloves
· Submit a picture of yourself in your riding gear to be considered for the race.
Hooligan Motorcycle Requirements
- Modern 1986 and newer, stock production motorcycle must have started with a 750cc twin or larger displacement engine.
- No changes to the geometry of the frame will be allowed.
- Kickstands must be removed
- Cracked or broken frames are prohibited
- Lights and turn indicators should be removed if possible.
- All lights not removed must be completely covered with tape so any and all glass/plastic is retained in the event of an impact. Clear tape is acceptable.
- No front brakes are allowed
- 19” Flat Track racing tires or 17” wet/rain racing tires only.
- Tires from any manufacturer are permitted
- No knobbies, paddles, dual sport, slicks or other tires types allowed
- Stock, production motorcycle must have started with a 750cc twin or larger displacement engine
- Engine modifications are open.
- Exhaust pipes and mufflers are mandatory and cannot extend beyond the rear tire
Fluid Use and Containment
- Coolant may be propylene glycol based, and needs to be nontoxic and water soluble. Ethylene glycol is prohibited
- All drain plugs and oil fill caps must be safety-wired except plugs that are secured by other approved methods
- Oil filter bolts must be secured with safety wire
- Oil filter cans must be secured with metal clamps and safety wire
- All vent lines coming out of the engine that have positive pressure must be routed into a filter of at least 23 square inches (2.5” diameter x 3” long) or a heat-resistant catch can of at least 350cc or of sufficient capacity to contain breather oil for the duration of a race
- All vent, breather or overflow tubes coming from the radiator must be routed into a heat-resistant container with a capacity of at least 250cc.
Handlebars and Controls
- Cracked or broken handlebars are prohibited
- Control levers must have minimum ¼ inch diameter ball ends
- Motorcycles must be equipped with a functional ignition cut-off switch or button, mounted on the handlebar and within reach of the rider’s hand when placed on the grip
- Motorcycles must have a self-closing throttle mechanism
- All handlebar ends must present no cutting hazard
- All levers, pegs and other protruding parts must be rounded or taped for safety